RESEARCH for AGRICULTURE (R4A) is a privately owned Australian company that successfully markets a portfolio of publications and digital information services to the agriculture sector.
Additionally, we report on content performance (views, downloads, shares, citations etc), manage client media needs, run webinars and, when travel bans lift, networking events.
We are seeking a strategic business development professional to build key stakeholder relationships and sign up clients ranging from $5k to $50k per client p/a. Prospects include universities, government agencies and corporate.
No other media company offers this depth of media support for the agriculture sector.
Your tools include a dynamic website that is updated daily, a weekly newsletter, quarterly digital magazine, an annual ‘best-of’ print magazine and cutting-edge content performance technology.
Additionally, you are supported by a small social media team, a pool of professional writers/editors and a board with decades of experience in media.
- Your responsibilities include:
- Onboard and manage clients
- Organise and host online and in-person networking events
- Create and update collateral
- Drive the full marketing cycle
- Collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Report to the board on pipeline and wins
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the National Sales Manager is expected to:
- Own and achieve prescribed sales performance and revenue targets
- Proactively make cold calls to new businesses and close the sale
- Follow up with customers, in a timely manner, to ensure the completion of the sales process
- Complete in a timely and accurate manner, all paperwork associated with the sales process
- Ensure all sales comply with policies, product guidelines and pricing
- Keep up-to-date records using the company’s CRM system
- Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers
- Provide market intelligence feedback to management
To be successful in this role you will be creative, tenacious, comfortable with technology, understand media and always one step ahead of your board directors. You will be hungry for success and enjoy a target-driven environment. Your resume will demonstrate:
- Previous experience in out bound and cold calling telephone sales that show an impressive track record in sales
- Natural aptitude for solution sales
- Attention to detail and great time management skills
- Customer focus always at the forefront
A practical understanding or experience of advertising &/or online would be advantageous but not essential. This is a career making opportunity in an organisation that will value your contribution and reward your dedication.
To apply, simply send us an example of how you would email-introduce R4A to a prospect, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.